“Colt Rider” finds this old Brown Shoe really hitting their indie rock stride in two and a half minutes; The Hood Internet mash up Dev and The So So Glos in this self-assured jam that thumps the “Bass Like TV”; Lemonade brings you to “The Place Where You Belong” with this cover of a different Shai hit; this David Guetta banger featuring Nicki Minaj can really “Turn Me On”, and probably will you, too; Style of Eye more than did Icona Pop a favor with their “Manners” remix.
One mention of any Converse-branded jam featuring three seemingly disparate artists (in this case four: Matt & Kim, Soulja Boy and Andrew W.K.) and “I’m A Goner”; so “Thankful” I found this percussive, folksy joint from Caveman; nobody tell The Weeknd what day it really is – just enjoy the idea that’s it “Thursday”; Mitten does the neo-80s sound right, and that’s “All That I’ve Got” to say about it; Florence + The Machine preaches to take “What The Water Gave Me” in her new epic.
Listen/download for yrself, after the cut.
1. Colt Rider – Brown Shoe
2. Bass Like TV – The Hood Internet
3. The Place Where You Belong (Shai cover) – Lemonade
4. Turn Me On – David Guetta & Nicki Minaj
5. Manners (Style Of Eye Remix) – Icona Pop
6. I’m A Goner – Matt & Kim feat. Soulja Boy and Andrew W.K.
7. Thankful – Caveman
8. Thursday – The Weeknd
9. All That I’ve Got – Mitten (download disabled per band request)
10. What The Water Gave Me – Florence + The Machine
Check out previous Millah Mixes here.